This aircraft was the 19th of a batch of 89 Meteor T.7 jet trainers built by Gloster Aviation and delivered to the Royal Air Force between January and September 1951. WF784 served initially with No.26 Squadron and then with No.130 Squadron both based in Germany.
The aircraft then served with the Ferry Training Unit at Benson between 1956 and 1958 before a stint with the College of Air Warfare/Royal Air Force Flying College at Manby and Strubby, Lincolnshire, between 1959 and 1962. It was then transferred to No. 5 Civilian Anti-Aircraft Co-operation Unit before going to 5MU storage and disposal unit at RAF Kemble. It then went to RAF Quedgeley for display on No. 1 site on November 20th 1965.
It was bought by Gloucestershire Aviation Collection/Jet Age Museum on May 30th 1996 with a grant from Tewkesbury Borough Council. After briefly being stored at Quedgeley it arrived at the museum on March 3rd 1997 and is complete except for its two Rolls-Royce Derwent 8 engines.
These photographs were taken on April 11th 2015. The aircraft was residing outside the museum adjacent to the car park along with a number of other airframes.