Built in 1958 at Eastleigh, Hampshire as a two-seat army observation helicopter. The museums model was the 24th production Skeeter delivered from the Cowes factory to Eastleigh, Hampshire where it made its first flight on 6th February 1959. It was delivered to the AAC Centre at Middle Wallop in 1959 and operated by No. 651 Squadron Advanced Helicopter Flight for pilot training and then No. 656 Squadron BAOR in Germany. It was placed in storage in 1967, and later privately purchased by Elfan Ap Rees in 1992.