Vickers Varsity T.1 WL626 at East Midlands Aeropark

The Vickers Varsity was T.1 was a training aircraft used primarily to instruct crews of large multi-engined aircraft. This particular aircraft was operated by No.201 Advanced Flying Training School located at RAF Swinderby and had the distinction of being part of a static display at the Queens Review of the Royal Air Force at RAF Odiham in 1953. It departed Swinderby for No.2 Air Navigation School at Thorney Island in 1955. It later transferred to No.1 Air Navigation School at RAF Topcliffe in Yorkshire.

The aircraft was decommissioned in 1976 and given the civilian registry G-BHDD. In 1979 it arrived at East Midlands Aeropark where it now currently resides on display. The following photos were taken on January 18th 2015.

Photos: Tony Wilkins


Advertisements